This delicious recipe comes from the book, Kochen für die Kleinen by Dagmar Reichel.
Salmon and Potato Patties
The official name of this recipe is Feine Fisch-Küchlein aus Kartoffeln und Lachsfilet! Yes, that is a mouthful…henceforth, you will be known as Salmon and Potato patties. Thanks for the recipe and translation Chelsea! :)
- 150 grams floury potatoes (ie: patate a pasta bianca)
- 75 ml vegetable broth
- 75 grams Salmon Filet
- 1 small egg
- 75 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon medium spicy mustard*
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Peel potatoes and cut into small cubes. Bring the vegetable broth to a boil and add the potatoes. Cover and cook for 8 minutes on medium heat.
- Wash Salmon, pat dry and debone. Place over the potatoes and cover. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat, keep covered and leave to cook for additional 5 minutes. Remove fish from the pot.
- Mash potatoes in the remaining broth. Mix in the egg, flour, lemon juice, mustard and parsley. Salt to taste.
- Flake salmon and add to the potato mixture. Mix together.
- Heat oil in pan. Scoop out about 2 tablespoons from the potato mixture and add to pan and flatten. Heat on each side 3-4 minutes
*Since I was feeding this to Julienne for the first time, I omitted the mustard.