Get in your veggies the yummy way
It can be hard to get your kids to eat their veggies, why not hide them in a batch of delicious mixed berry zucchini muffins! We whipped up some of these muffins and I swear you cannot even tell that there is zucchini in this recipe!
- 1-1/2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1-1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup mixed berries
- Preheat oven to 175°C (350 °F). Lightly grease muffin tins.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- In another large bowl, beat together the eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar. Fold in the zucchini.
- Beat in the dry ingredients into the mixture.
- Gently fold in the berries.
- Transfer to the prepared muffin tins.
- Bake 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center of a loaf comes out clean.
- Cool 20 minutes in pans, then turn out onto wire racks to cool completely.
* If you cannot find fresh berries, you can always use the frozen ones and they are still yummilicious! Just defrost them before use.