The only special equipment needed for this pesto appetizer tart recipe is a muffin tin!
Pesto Appetizer Tart
- 1 cup of pesto
- 1 pasta sfoglia (pre-made pastry dough)
- 12-15 halved, seeded cherry tomatoes
- Capers (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F.
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Mix the pesto in a bowl with some capers and the extra virgin olive oil. Salt to taste if necessary. Fill the seeded tomatoes with pesto.
- Roll out the dough and let it rest on the counter for 5 minutes, then cut out circular rounds of dough to make the base of the tart.
- Place about 5-6 halved tomatoes curved side down in each muffin cup.
- Add a bit more pesto on top of the tomatoes and then place one dough round on top. Press the dough down a bit into the muffin cup so that the rim touches all sides.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes until the dough has browned on the sides.
- Let cool 5 minutes, then place a large plate over the muffin tin and flip the tarts out!
- Serve warm.
j for jackie copyright © 2014. all rights reserved.