Focacceria Pugi Sells Bagels
Found a new bagel place in Florence! From a choice of poppy and sesame, Julienne chose the sesame bagel and it was pretty good. We bought this unexpected treasure at the Forno Bistro Pugi for €1,20 (price based on weight). Okay, to be honest, they weren’t actually selling them as bagels. But heck it looks like a bagel and tastes like a bagel so, for me… these are Pugi sesame bagels!
Growing up on Long Island (NY), I have eaten my share of delicious bagels and the hard truth is that all the bagels in Florence can’t exactly replicate that extra chewy texture that I love and crave. Now, this doesn’t mean that the bagels in Florence are bad. Me, I am just a bonafide bagel snob!
I have adjusted my expectations and when the choices are slim, any bagel is a good bagel. Just don’t eat them cold. Toasted up with a little veggie cream cheese on top, oh yea we’re talking tastebud heaven. Mmm… bagels.
Where to find Bagels in Florence
- Mama’s bakery (Via della Chiesa, 34r)
- Sugar & Spice (Borgo la Croce 15r)
- The Diner (Via dell’Acqua, 2)
- Il Panino Tondo (Via Montebello, 56R and they also deliver)
- Snack Bar Anna (Via Dè Ginori, 26/R)
- Forno Bistro Pugi (Via Giampaolo Orsini, 65). I can’t promise that all the Pugi bread shops in Florence will sell these, but if you go and find them, please let me know and I’ll update this post!
- The Lion’s Fountain Pub (Borgo Albizi 34/R)