We ate this quick and delicious meal for lunch today with Allison’s suggestion on making a vegetable stir-fry. I bet it would be tasty with different vegetables like broccoli or peas – look in your fridge and see what you can mix together!
Bio Star Dado Classico = Organic Bouillon Cube
I like using the organic dadi (bouillon cubes) and this is the one we usually buy…this Star classico flavor is made with organic onions, carrots and parsley.
- 3 chicken drumsticks (fusi di pollo)
- 3 small red Tropea onions
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 200g can of red beans (fagioli rossi)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 bouillon cube (star bio)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Heat some extra virgin olive oil in a large wok or pan on medium heat.
- Chop the onions and add it to the oil.
- Peel and slice the carrots and zucchini. Drain and rinse the beans.
- Add the carrots, zucchini and beans to the oil and sauté for 7 minutes.
- Heat 1 cup of water on low and dissolve the bouillon cube for about 1 minute, then add it to the mixture.
- Skin the chicken drumsticks and place on top of the vegetables.
- Partially cover and simmer for 40-45 minutes, flip the chicken drumsticks over several times while cooking.
- Simmer until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve warm.
* Add salt according to your own tastes, I made this dish for Julienne so I did not add any additional salt since the bouillon cube had enough flavoring!